Friday, November 4, 2011

The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann

I read this book today. 



Luckily, I started after my kindergartener left, so I could read it all in one sitting with no kids interrupting me, just the way I like to read exciting books like this one.  Well, I actually got up once to raid the leftover Halloween candy....  It was really quite good.  The book, not the candy.  On the cover, it says, "The Hunger Games Meets Harry Potter."  Well, that's not entirely accurate, but if you like both of those books, you will like this book as well.  I would definitely recommend this book to older children, teens, adults, and young adults.  The material is not appropriate for young children; it could be a bit upsetting.

Type of Book:  Magical Dystopian
Rating:  9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment