Monday, October 31, 2011

Books by Shannon Hale

This might be a long post.  Shannon Hale has written lots of really good books.  The first book I read of hers was:



This book is really good.  It is appropriate for older children, teens, young adults, adults.  Even though the very title makes it sound super-girly, boys would probably enjoy it as well.  They just might have to read it in secret. 

Type of Book:  Alternate World (Slightly Adventurous) Magical Fantasy
Rating:  9.9/10

The next book I read of hers:



This book is amazing!  If you are a girl, you will love it.  You might like it if you are not.  It is really well written. 

Type of Book:  I'm not really sure how to categorize this one....
Rating:  10/10

The next series of hers that I also loved:

plus

The first one, The Goose Girl, is my favorite in this series, but I really liked all the others as well.  There is adventure and romance and magic in these books.  These are appropriate for teens, young adults, and adults.  There isn't anything really inappropriate for older children, but they probably won'r be quite ready to enjoy the books yet.

Type of Book:  I just said, Magical Romantic Adventure
Rating:  9.5/10 for first book, 9/10 for the other three

She has a few other books, some for adults and some for children.  I like the ones I have read, but I haven't read all of them yet, so I'll wait to talk about those at a later date.  So I guess the post isn't really all that long after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment