Thursday, November 17, 2011

Books by Brandon Sanderson

I have read a couple of good series by Brandon Sanderson.  Both are worth reading.  The first series is the Mistborn Trilogy.


These books are long, really long.  I read the books several years ago, so the details are a bit fuzzy.  I know there's magic involved.  And some kind of fighting.  And a tough girl.  And I remember liking the books.  For more detailed reviews, you should probably click on the link and look at Amazon reviews.  These books are not appropriate for children; nothing bad that I remember but written for adults.

Type of Book:  Magic Fantasy Adventure
Rating:  At least a 7/10, but read too long ago to be more accurate

The other series that I really liked by the same author is completely different. 


You may not think that there can be such a thing as evil librarians.  You would be wrong.  (I guess I'm lucky that I don't have a library with evil librarians lurking around.  There's no place to hide in our county's bookmobile.....)  The Alcatraz books are really funny.  I laughed out loud many times.  These are books for older children, teens, and adults. 

Type of Book:  Modern Alternate/Hidden World Adventure
Rating:  8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment